Umpqua Bank Senior Enterprise Risk Consultant in Portland, Oregon
In this role, you will be responsible for providing risk-management support and consultation to various corporate services of the bank and holding company such as human resources, marketing, procurement, product strategies, or technology. You will work with executive management and apply effective challenges through monitoring, analysis, and reporting on significant risk and control issues. You’ll assist executive and business-line management in the development of effective action plans or performance of root-cause analysis and provide risk management subject matter expertise to strategic enterprise-wide projects to drive proactive risk identification and mitigation at the time of implementation. Additionally, you will act as a risk champion in maintaining an enterprise risk management strategy that reduces risk, promotes operational efficiency and fosters a high-quality customer experience through implementation of the Enterprise Risk Management Standard Manual.
• Demonstrate expertise in one or more of the following areas: human resources, marketing, procurement, product strategies, or technology in order to effectively monitor and challenge associated risk management activities, as well as, provide appropriate level of consultation.
• Participate in the implementation of processes for monitoring, analyzing, and reporting on enterprise-wide risks, which include capital, liquidity, market, credit, regulatory, technology, and strategic.
• Lead cross-functional risk management initiatives and projects that impact multiple risk disciplines and/or business units.
• Perform root cause analysis and facilitate remediation efforts by first line of defense.
• Responsible for regulatory change management initiatives through appropriate level of research, analysis, and development of corporate and business level communications describing impact and necessary action by management.
• Prepare risk management reports to Executive Management and contribute to the Board of Directors committees’ reports relative to enterprise risk management activities.
• Demonstrate compliance with all bank regulations that apply to your position, and keep up to date on regulation changes.
• Maintain working knowledge of our policies and procedures regarding the Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security and other regulations that apply to your position.
• Minimum Bachelor's degree in business, finance, economics, accounting, or other applicable discipline or equivalent experience. Master’s degree preferred.
• CRMP, CRISC, CIA, CPA, CISA preferred.
• Minimum 5-10 years or combination of banking, risk management, human resources, procurement, technology experience.
• Expertise risk management concepts, best practices, and regulations.
• Extensive understanding of financial institution general control structure, as well as, knowledge of various bank operations, in order to assess risk, challenge, and make appropriate recommendations.
• Demonstrate ability to independently manage multiple and complex work efforts, which involves directing other key stakeholders across the bank.
• Possess strong oral and written communication skills, critical thinking, and analytical skillset. Ability to present complex information to a variety of different audiences.
• Advanced skills in Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, ACL, or Cognos reporting. Knowledge of GRC systems helpful.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
• lifting up to 25 pounds
• occasional travel.
No relocation offered.
We do things a little differently here at Umpqua. Our retail stores serve as community hubs, our associates are given up to 40 hours of volunteer time each year, and we're never satisfied with the status quo. It's no wonder we've made "Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. But greatness has no finish line, so we continue every day to keep people at the center of everything we do. We focus on building relationships, understanding our customers' needs and connecting to people in new and innovative ways -- always staying true to our mission of providing personalized banking for all people, whenever and however they prefer to bank.
Umpqua Bank is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability. We maintain a drug-free workplace and may perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.